What are Lab Created Diamonds?
Lab Created diamonds ARE diamonds. They are not fake—there is no chemical, visual or structural difference and they are both composed of incredibly pure crystal carbon as a single crystal.
How are Lab Grown Diamonds made
1. Beginning with a small seed in a controlled environment, lab created diamonds are developed using techniques that replicate the natural conditions in which diamonds develop beneath the Earth’s crust
2. Using either the Carbon Vapour Deposition (CVD) or High-Pressure High Temperature (HPHT) processes, our diamond seed slowly grows into a pure rough diamond
3. Our unique use of plasma in the growing process along with precise cutting and polishing procedures ensure that the majority of Valour lab grown diamonds are Ideal/Excellent cuts in the Type IIa category
What are the benefits of Lab Diamonds?
Valour Grown Diamonds come with 3 main benefits:
1. Eco-Friendly: Man-made diamonds have a minimal environmental impact as they are created in a laboratory, therefore they are sustainable diamonds.
2. Lower Price Point: Lab Grown diamonds come in at about 30%-50% less expensive than their mined diamond due to their reduced supply chain
3. Ethically Sourced: Lab Grown Diamonds do not have to deal with dangerous mining conditions or horrible labor practices such as child labor.
What is the difference between a lab grown diamond and a simulant?
A lab grown diamond is composed of incredibly pure crystal carbon as a single crystal and has refraction and hardness identical to a natural diamond’s. Simulants may look similar but are made up of materials such as cubic zirconium, moissanite, and diamond-coated materials, which simply do not match the quality that you would get in a diamond.
Man-Made Diamonds VS Mined Diamonds
Man-Made diamonds are created like mined diamonds. Labs recreate the conditions underneath the Earth that result in diamond growth: pressure, heat, & carbon
Ask yourself this…
Is ice made in your freezer at home and ice that is naturally formed on the lake at a very cold temperature any different?
How are lab grown diamonds certified and graded?
Lab created diamonds are graded similarly to their natural counterparts. They are graded and certified by gemological laboratories such as IGI, GCAL, EGL, or GIA. Valour will always provide the grading report with any diamond we offer to our customers. Those reports can be verified by looking up the ID number on the gemological lab’s web site.
More questions about Valour
Where do you ship to?
Valour is headquartered in Toronto and have distribution links in New York as well. This means that we ship to anywhere in Canada and the USA.
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
How long will it take to get my order?
Once your order is received, it will either ship domestically via FedEx and arrive in 1-2 business days or internationally in approximately 2-3 business days depending on destination country.
Where is Valour Grown Diamonds located?
55 Queen Street E
Do you provide stones on memo?
Yes, we do provide stones on memo. But only to qualified companies. To find out if you qualify contact us at 416-561-4098
Do you carry lab grown melee stones?
Yes, Valour does carry a variety of lab-grown melee stones. Though, unfortunately, it is not yet included in our online stock list. For all lab-grown melee inquiries please contact 416-561-4098 or email email@example.com